Friendly, enthusiastic person to plan, organize and conduct a wide variety of children’s and young adult programs and activities that encourage a love of reading and the continued use of the library. This position will also include working as a library circulation clerk, 12-14.5 hours per week including some evenings and Saturdays. Starting wage of $13.00/ hour.
Qualifications include excellent customer service skills, strong technology skills, and good knowledge of clerical duties. Must be a well-organized person with the ability to be accurate and detail oriented, must be able to work with confidential patron and library information. Must have social media knowledge, ability to update the library’s website and social media accounts. Demonstrates a knowledge and appreciation of literature for all ages. Ability to work independently. Ability to work with other community institutions. Some college and library experience is preferred. Some heavy lifting of book tubs required.
- Plan youth programming
- Perform circulation tasks
- Assist patrons with library materials, reference questions and technology
- Some cleaning tasks and other tasks assigned by the library director
- Open and close the library independently
- Expected to attend workshops and library education seminars
Send cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to email@example.com