Coming Up at IFLS
- Mon Apr 4th – Launch: Explore MORE Passport Program
- Tue Apr 5th 1:00pm – 2:30pm – Bringing the Library to Your Community
- Thu Apr 7th 2:00pm – 3:00pm – Youth Services Check-In
- Thu Apr 14th 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Wisconsin Libraries Talk About Race: Understanding Why Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Matter in Majority White Spaces
Get all the details on the IFLS Calendar.
From our Trusted Partners
ALA & United for Libraries
United for Libraries will present a free two-part webinar series, “Keeping Governance on Track,” March 29 at 2 p.m. Eastern and March 31 at 7 p.m. Eastern.
Increasingly, library board meetings are facing disruptions, often making it difficult to conduct necessary board business. With the rise in challenges to library materials, programs, and access, boards are often affected internally (conflict/dissent among board members) and externally (public comment and disruptions from meeting observers). During this two-part series, parliamentarian Nancy Sylvester will share actions, training, and preparation that boards and library directors can take now to be ready for problems and issues, and tips and best practices for handling problems in board meetings. Register
Part 1 on March 29 will focus on “Steps to Be Prepared & How to Handle Problems.” Part 2 on March 31 will be a “Mock Board Meeting,” with an enactment of a library board meeting with “in-the-moment” tips to handle misbehavior, conflict, disruptions, etc.
These webinars are presented by the United for Libraries Intellectual Freedom Task Force, and are free thanks to a bequest from the late Jack Neal. Both sessions will be recorded and available on-demand. To register, visit www.ala.org/united/training/webinars/governance.
Proquest & Badgerlink
Maureen passed these two resources along. (Thanks, Maureen, and thanks also for all the great information over the years!)
- The Proquest webinar is Workforce Development: How Libraries are Making a Difference on March 28, 2 pm Eastern Time. See what your peers are doing and get some fresh ideas. Register. Can’t make it at that time? Register anyway, and you’ll receive the recording afterwards.
- BedgerLink has an article about how to find newspapers! Handy information!
Our two regular e-letters went out this week.
- The News from IFLS: Passport Program, Transparent Language Online, funding and fundraising. This is a good newsletter to share with your trustees, Friends Group members and other interested community members. Click that link and use the Forward to a Friend option to share.
- Marketing Monthly: Explore MORE and CSLP resources.
Technology and Websites
Google migration and Microsoft info
From Anne Hamland, LeanWI Website Services, passed this info along. (In case you haven’t looked at her thoughtfully curated website resources, you can find them on the LeanWI website.
- Tutorial video on creating a Microsoft Form
- How to use Office 365 shared calendar outside your organization aka how to set up a public facing calendar
Here’s a video from one of my favorite creators.