Federal Mandates Don’t Apply to WI Municipalities
This just in from the League of Wisconsin Municipalities: Federal vaccine/testing mandates don’t apply to Wisconsin Municipalities.
On the Radio
John Thompson was interviewed by Al Ross on Spectrum West yesterday! John’s interview starts at 14 minutes 45 seconds in. (Yes, I know our name appears incorrectly on the website. Al Ross got it right in the broadcast version.)
Events, Professional Development & Calendar Items
Upcoming Professional Development Highlights
Remember these great opportunities to learn:
- IFLS webinar–November 11, 2-3 pm. Program Planning in a Pandemic? There Have Been Stranger Things with Katherine Schoofs.
- IFLS webinar–November 30, 1-2 pm. Creating a Healthy Culture with Conduct, Communication, and Conflict Resolution with Emily Rogers and Karla Giraldez.
- IFLS webinar—December 9, 2-3 pm. Passive and Drop-In Programs—Love that Journey for Us! with Katherine Schoofs.
- November Professional Development Opportunities compiled by Joy Schwarz, Winnefox Library System/NEWI.
Coming Up on the IFLS Calendar
This Sunday is Daylight Savings Time! For all the details, head over to the IFLS Calendar.
- Thu Nov 11th 1:30pm – 4:00pm, MORE Operations Committee meeting
- Thu Nov 11th 2:00pm – 3:00pm, Program Planning in a Pandemic? There Have Been Stranger Things
- Fri Nov 12th 10:00am – 1:00pm, MORE Directors Council meeting
- Thu Nov 18th 1:00pm – 3:00pm, Webmaster Office Hours
- Thursday, Nov 25 and Friday, Nov 26, IFLS closed for Thanksgiving
- Tue Nov 30th 1:00pm – 2:00pm, Creating a Healthy Culture with Conduct, Communication, and Conflict Resolution
Save the date
Save the date for the 10th Annual Lake Superior Libraries Mid-Winter Unsymposium at the Superior Public Library! Join us on January 14th, 2022, for an afternoon of networking, discussion, and collaborative learning & problem-solving!
Operations, Marketing and Tech
On the Website
With all the new people coming on board, I wanted to point out two spreadsheets on the website for sharing information.
- IFLS Member Library internal contact list (find the link button on the bottom of the For IFLS Libraries page.)
- IFLS Library Operations Spreadsheet (find the link in the Operations toggle on the COVID-19 page.)
These are both google spreadsheets that you can update right on the website page. You don’t have to log into google to make changes. Email Reb Kilde if you need the password. email@example.com
Who’s on What?
Here’s Pew Research Centers report on Social Media Use in 2021.
Do You Need a Booster Shot?
Take a quiz to find out.
Here are a couple of inspiring and influential Native American women kicking of the Library of Congress Native American Heritage Month programs.