July 17 deadline for ACA certification training
Thanks to a Public Library Association project, 30 public libraries in Wisconsin will receive financial and staff support for public libraries to become Certified Application Counselor Designated Organizations (CDOs) for the 2021 open enrollment period of the Affordable Care Act. CDOs can certify library staff and volunteers as Certified Application Counselors (CACs) who will receive training and hands-on support to assist patrons and community members to successfully enroll in health insurance during open and special enrollment periods. CAC training will take an estimated ~25 hours to complete.
If you are interested, Apply here by July 17, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central.
You Got This! (from Leah)
(Also posted on the COVID-19 page)
- Trustee Training Week 2020 is free this year due to DPI’s generous sponsorship with LSTA funding. Please share! This is an excellent opportunity for library board members to get some continuing education about their important jobs.
- Great Facebook templates from Anne to let people know what you’re doing while the doors are shut. If you haven’t been communicating this to your community, trustees and funding bodies–Now is the time!
New on Website
- Libraries Open: Doors Closed templates for Facebook links and guidelines on the Marketing Page.
- Annual Report Summer Programming Update link in the Federal/State Guidance toggle on the COVID-10 page
- The cataloging button on the staff page is gone. Don’t worry! All that great content developed by IFLS staff is still available on the Article Index.