Due to a pending retirement the IFLS Library System is seeking a self-starter, service-oriented and collaborative individual to join our dedicated and friendly team as our new Interlibrary Loan and Courier Operations Consultant. IFLS staff and our partner libraries collaborate to provide outstanding, engaged, and inclusive services that contribute to informed, connected and literate communities. The ideal candidate will reflect our mission to inspire and facilitate library success by providing member libraries with the tools to serve, empower and lead their communities.
- Processing Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Requests.
- Consulting with librarians regarding ILL problems and questions.
- Attending staff meetings, training sessions and ILL meetings as needed.
- Managing ILL service with support from Resource Sharing and Collection Consultant.
- Managing day-to-day delivery operations and communicates changes with member libraries. Assists in solving courier delivery problems.
- Implementing and evaluates courier operations alongside the Public Services Consultant.
- Supporting Courier/Office Clerk.
- Troubleshooting MORE circulation/hold problems.
- Handling the Help Desk tickets related to interlibrary loan and courier.
Please see the job description for additional information.
Required: Associates’ degree and a minimum of six months related interlibrary loan experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with WISCAT, or comparable interlibrary loan platforms preferred.
Hours and wages
Schedule will include 35 hours (full-time) per week with flexible work hours to meet the needs of our libraries. Starting wage range from $18-$22 depending on qualifications. An excellent benefit package is available. IFLS offers a flexible and supportive work environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the names of 3-5 references to John Thompson at email@example.com . The deadline to apply is July 25, 2022.
The IFLS Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.